Roast Butternut & Chick Pea Salad with Sundried Tomato Dressing
This recipe was shared by Rhodes foods. It also features on their website Rhodes. Click here for more Rhodes recipes.
- 400 g butternut cut to large cubes
- 25 ml olive oil
- ½ red onion cut to thin slices
- 250 g Rhodes Chick Peas in Brine, drained
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) coriander, chopped
- ½ cup (125 ml) sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup (65 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) crushed garlic
- ½ cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
Coat the butternut with olive oil, and roast for 40 minutes. Cool.
Combine the butternut, red onion, chick peas and coriander.
Mix the salad dressing ingredients, and pour over the salad just before serving.
Instead of chickpeas, use Rhodes Whole Kernel Corn in Brine.